too

this is now an easter blog also

risen

he is risen !

mc original

mc original
AND EASTER 2016

My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday, December 3, 2016

,, 12/2/16 BELLFLOWER CA CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING CELEBRATION 2016 !! let...



another CHRISTMAS TREE CEREMONY...hey ! Bellflower California is sort of like a mini Grand Rapids here in California in terms of Christian REformed Churches...this is where the Dutch farmers settled when they came to California in the 1930's. My grandfather Rev Gareth Kok (RIP) was pastor here in Bellflower back in the 30's and started Valley Christian Schools, and was pastor at 1st CRC (aka "1st Bell"). He spoke Dutch & English, and was originally from a Dutch area of Wisconsin. My dad lived here as a child until they moved back to Michigan when he was starting junior high and then he attended Holland Christian schools (good basketball player). My grandfather later moved back to Bellflower when he retired and stayed here until he passed away, and is buried here in the area alongside his 2nd wife, not my real grandma (his 1st wife, my real grandma, Kathryn, died when she was quite young, in Holland MI, ...my dad was in junior high at the time). a little history for you that u might not have known.